Bosch released several MY24 updates for EuroBike 2023, which I’ll be covering in separate posts so that I can add to them as I get more details. The ones that stood out to me are the new Bosch Flow+ app, Bosch display customizations, PowerMore 250 external add-on battery, Active Line and Active Line Plus motors coming to the smart system, eShifting (!), Bosch Purion 200 display, and the new Bosch Kiox 500 display.
Not every bike has the advantage of the Tern GSD where dual battery harnesses come standard. Also, not every bike has the room to put two batteries! Enter the Bosch PowerMore 250 add-on electric bike battery that extends the range to your Bosch smart system e-bike with other big benefits.
Bosch PowerMore 250 Battery Details
- Weight: 3.8 lbs with the mount
- Compatibility: The website says PowerTube and CompactTubes, I have asked about Frame Packs
- Adds 250Wh to your range
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 3.5 x 3.0 in
- Can power e-bike alone (leave the big battery at home!)
- Availability: Winter 2023
- Price: US – $492.50 / CAN – $665
I see this mainly being used for recreational riders to extend their distance but there are so many ways this could be helpful to folks:
- Bike shops, bike touring companies, or even bike races could rent these out to extend the range of bikes without having to have a ton of various PowerTube/FramePacks for compatibility
- A bike can only use the PowerMore 250 by itself, lowering the weight of the bike. For shorter bike commutes or rides, I could see taking this instead of a gigantic e-bike battery.
- Speaking of, this should be much easier to put in a backpack or your pannier. Something to think about if your rides aren’t super long.