Did you recently get a new electric bike? Congratulations!! An e-bike can change your life and my hope is to be that trusted e-bike welcoming committee to get you confidently rolling on your new bike. With that, I’m kicking off a “Getting Started with Your New E-Bike” series and this is the first article (and video below) in the series!
We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For me, accessorizing my new electric bike is one of the most exciting parts of buying a new bike. How can I make this bike fit my life and help me choose to bike more instead of drive?
Today, I want to talk through the best 5 accessories every e-bike owner or rider should have to enjoy the experience fully. This assumes that your new e-bike is designed for city or transportation riding, and came with lights, fenders, a kickstand, and a rear rack. If your bike doesn’t have those things already installed, I would recommend looking into them.
What are the Best Electric Bike Accessories?
1. Kali Central Bike Helmet
I look for a good fit, ventilation, and not too heavy. I now also have been looking for city bike helmets with some type of rechargeable lights to add visibility up high. My go-to helmet that isn’t crazy is the Kali Central Lit (review). For a step up, I love the Nutcase Vio with better lighting (review).
2. Topeak Joe Blow Floor Pump
3. Slap Bag Bike Handlebar Bag
Being able to hop on your bike and go is important to a frictionless habit-forming experience. Having a bag close by your handlebars to throw your phone, keys, wallet, or whatever is super nice.
4. Kryptonite 1275 Cinch Bike Lock
There is a large range of bike locks that work for e-bikes. Depending on where you live, how high bike theft is, and how long you are locking up for I would recommend different locks. My go-to lock is the Kryptonite 1275 Cinch Bike Lock. It is robust, the cinch version allows you to lock around various types of bike racks and fixed items.
Other lock options:
- Another version of my favorite lock is the Evolution 1090, it doesn’t have the shackle or cinch and is only 10mm thick vs 12mm
- The Kryptonite Evolution U-Lock is my favorite for bikes that don’t need a long chain. Note: you want a u-lock as short as possible to limit the leverage of bending or popping it open.
- The new Hiplock D1000 looks to be the best, “anti-angle grinder” lock
5. Bike Coffee and Water Bottle Holder
Of course, you want to bring your coffee or water with you. This handlebar bottle holder is expandable, and makes it so your drink is easily within reach.
6. Best Bike Phone Mount
Pair this with the Universal Bar Mount for the best bike phone mount possible.
- Double magnet and clasp to keep your phone secure
- Great eco-system of accessories
- Top-notch customer service
- Some accessories are expensive
- Limited to only popular phones
- Colors are limited
Ultimately, the goal is to make it so it is easy for you to hop on your bike and go. Keeping you and your bike safe no matter where your trip takes you. What would you include in a “must-have” for a new e-bike rider?
Disclaimer: Some links above are for affiliate links. I will make a commission if you purchase through those links.