Xtracycle RFA is the midtail that can transform from a 2 kid carrying electric cargo bike called the UTILITY model to a 1 kid carrying electric bike called the SPORT model
Starting at $4497 without accessories
- The RFA can be configured in one of two modes with the DynamicDrops: the RFA is one bike that can either be configured as a regular eBike (Sport mode) or mid-tail cargo bike (Utility mode) thanks to our newest innovation, the Xtracycle DynamicDrops. This means the RFA can grow and change with your individual needs.
- The RFA comes with two 24″ x 2.5″ Maxxis Hookworm tires: the RFA was designed with two 24” wheels, sporting cushy 2.5” wide Maxxis Hookworm tires. This helps keep your center of gravity low for carrying cargo or passengers and ensures your ride is smooth and comfortable.
- Compact utility: when in Sport mode, the RFA is the same length as a standard e-bike. It will fit on a bus rack, in an elevator, on a hitch mounted car rack, and other compact spaces. While 7″ longer, the Utility mode offers a compact mid-tail cargo bike that can also fit into smaller spaces than a traditional long-tail cargo bike.
- Heavy duty Chromoly frame and fork: we chose heavy duty 4130 Chromoly for the RFA frame for its perfect combination of lightweight strength and long-lasting durability. Combined with the smooth ride quality, you and your passengers will be comfortable on any commute.
- Carry all you need on your commute: the rear MultiRack can carry standard panniers, kiddos in and out of Yepp seats, an adult passenger (when in Utility mode). Add even more cargo capacity up front with the PorterRack system.
- Easy on and off: the low step-over height (22.375″) makes getting on and off a fully loaded RFA a breeze.
- Shareable sizing: paired with our simple sizing kit, the RFA is share-able among multiple riders of varying heights. A quick release seat post clamp makes adjusting the seat height between riders quick and easy.
- Xtracycle Signature Safety Features: the Xtracycle Signature Safety Fork uses a thru axle connection between the front wheel and fork, allowing for more steering stability and control. Hydraulic disc brakes give you responsive and reliable braking abilities in all riding conditions. Load and unload passengers and cargo with confidence using the ultra stable dual leg kickstand.
- Customizable Bosch options: the RFA can be built for your unique needs with the Bosch drive unit and a single or dual battery option of your choosing.