The 20" Alpha Three is our smallest geared bike. The 8-speed Shimano drive train and 11-34T wide range gearing is the real deal and gives growing riders a truly usable gear range. It features:
- Prevelo confidence-inspiring low and narrow geometry. Prevelo geometry keeps the rider low, balanced and in control.
- Lightweight 6061 aluminum frame with custom formed tubing.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy fork with chromoly steerer.
- Tektro front and rear v-brakes.
- Quick release front and rear wheels for toolless wheel removal.
- Three-piece crank with squared taper cartridge bearing bottom bracket and ultra-narrow Q factor.
- Custom made cranks. All Prevelo cranks are sized specifically for each model bike, down to the millimeter.
- Shimano ALTUS 8-speed drivetrain. This 8-speed derailleur has a SHIMANO Smart cage. This unique pulley cage permits the use of a shorter pulley cage without comprising gear ratio width. Because kids’ bikes have small wheel diameters, rear derailleurs on kids bikes hang low and close to the ground. The Prevelo Alpha bikes use Smart cage derailleurs to keep things high and away from the ground.
- Shimano ACERA RAPIDFIRE Plus Shift Lever. Small hands have a hard time using twist shifters. We use reliable silky smooth thumb shifters. They are easy for small hands to operate, have an indicator display, and operate just like shifters on high-performance bikes.
Approx. Age Range
5 to 9 years
RAPIDFIRE+ shifter &
Smart Cage Derailleur