Preview: 2012 Bontrager Vella Bag Line
Bontrager has released a new line of bags called the Vella. Modeling after what many European companies have known for the past few years, women don’t want bags that look like bike bags when they get off the bike. Functional bags with style. My main concerns on these bags are #1 for the panniers it utilizes the Bontrager Interchange specific hardware, rumor is you can switch this out for standard rack hardware but most shops don’t stop that type of things and I can hope the shop doesn’t stock oversized tubed racks. #2 I hope the handlebar bag holds up better than their last attempt 3-4 years ago.
Bontrager Vella Kava
· Handlebar bag
· Interchange hardware with flap to cover when not on bike
· Internal Velcro strap holds shoulder strap in place while on bike
· 450 cu.in.
· MSRP $100
Bontrager Vella Camu
· Shopper pannier
· Interchange transit hardware with zip-over flap to hide hardware when not on bike
· Expandable main body
· Padded straps can be stowed while on bike
· 1755 cu.in.
· MSRP: $110
Bontrager Vella Vana
· vertical shopper pannier
· Interchange transit hardware with zipper pouch to cover when not on bike
· Padded strap can be stowed when on the bike
· 1300 cu.in.
· MSRP: $110
The bags haven’t hit Bontrager.com, but I’ll have more photos uploaded soon!