I’m always looking for creative and fun ways to stay safe on the bike. A new LED light string looks to be creative and fun, without a crazy price tag.
Soul Glow LED Neon Wheel Lights
$30 a set, coming in Green - Blue - Red - White - Pink - Purple - Turquoise - Yellow
These lights claim to be weather resistant and easy to install, hopefully I’ll get a set to try in the near future for fun night rides!
Learn more on SoulCruzers.com
There is no point of hiding my love of Twin Six and ArtCrank so this is a simple “Go Buy, NOW!” Ends tonight at Midnight!
I’m going to call this a “gravel, road ride”
March 24, 2013
Love Valley, NC
1st Annual – 50 Miles of Sexy!
If you have never visited, Love Valley North Carolina is step back to earlier times. This quaint little western town is at the base of the Brushy Mountains and surrounded by beautiful winding dirt-packed roads.
The course is approximately 50 miles with 60% +/- packed dirt roads. Bring your CX or road bike with thick wall tires and enjoy this scenic event.
Female $25 online, $30 day of
Male $35 online, $40 day of
LVR Route on mapmyride.com
Rules / Guidelines
Ride single file to the right when on open roads unless passing
Obey all traffic rules as all roads are open to vehicular & horse traffic
Riders may support other riders
Yield to horse traffic and ask for directions from rider
Register on Bike Reg
Learn about other events held by Blue Mountain Revival
The 2013 LUNA Pro team is keeping on with their dominating list of killer girls. What has been a long time running “winning” team will continue and I’m excited to see what these girls will do in 2013.
The LUNA Pro Team rolls into this New Year with the same winning world-class roster as in 2012 headlined by Olympic medalist Georgia Gould and World Cup Champion Catharine Pendrel.
• Catharine Pendrel – 2011 World Champion, 2012 World Cup Champion
• Georgia Gould – Olympic bronze medalist, U.S. National MTB Champion
• Katerina Nash – Four time Olympian
• Teal Stetson Lee – Mountain bike and cyclocross pro
• Shonny Vanlandingham – 2010 XTERRA World Champion
• Danelle Kabush – 2012 XTERRA Mountain Champion
• Suzie Snyder – 2012 U.S. National XTERRA Champion
• Dave McLaughlin – GM
• Waldek Stepniowski – Team Manager
• Marla Streb – Media and PR
• Chris Mathis – Equipment Manager
• Dusty LaBarr – Mechanic
Olympic bronze medalist Georgia Gould, current World Cup Champion Catharine Pendrel and
long-time staff members Dave, Waldek and Chris will continue with the LUNA Pro Team for four
Mountain bike legend and former XTERRA World Champion Shonny Vanlandingham, current
XTERRA Mountain Champ Danelle Kabush, US National XTERRA Champion Suzie Snyder and
Marla Streb have each extended their LUNA Pro Team contracts through 2014.
Four-time Olympian and World Cup winner Katerina Nash and development rider Teal Stetson-
Lee have each signed through 2013.
The team welcomes new mechanic Dusty LaBarr. Dusty is a veteran of the international race
circuit and brings a fresh perspective to the team.
The 2013 LUNA Pro Team is proud to announce committed support from Orbea bicycles, Fox
Racing Shox and Giro for four years. Sponsors through 2014 include Maxxis, Shimano, Squadra,
Prana and Camelbak.
WABA (Washington Area Bicycle Association) is putting together an education and outreach program to get more women on bikes! While the program is still in the infancy it seems they have obtainable goals and mission to begin with. I’m excited to follow along with what WABA is doing and how these efforts can be duplicated elsewhere.
Why is getting more women on bikes a critical cause?
- In 2012, women represented just 22.7 percent of cyclists on the road in D.C. According to DDOT, that’s a slight drop since 2011.
- In Women on Wheels, April Streeter writes, “New bike commuters are overwhelmingly male. Data reviewed by researchers John Pucher and Ralph Buehler show that almost all of the recent growth in cycling in the united states recently can be attributed to men between 25 and 64 years old. Pucher and Buehler found that cycling rates are just holding steady for women, and have fallen sharply for children.”
- Our women’s bicycling forum identified three top barriers for getting women on bikes: safety (fear, safety concerns, inexperience/confidence, harassment), logistics (facilities, time commitment, weather, gear, money), and perception (misconceptions, double standards, and professionalism).
- We aren’t the only group at work! Through Women Bike, the League of American Bicyclists is working at a National level to encourage women to facilitate solutions on the local level.
How is WABA going to fix these problems through the Women & Bicycles program?
- Ten “Roll Models” will be selected to mentor women in their friend, family, church, and work groups
- Roll Models and mentees will be invited to a series of bike meetups, group rides, and workshops that will mix practical advice and conversation about how to incorporate cycling into one’s lifestyle with socializing and low-key hanging out.
- Non-participants will be kept abreast of the program, so they’ll learn more about the issues facing women on bikes and be inclined to encourage their friends and family to bike, regardless of gender.
We don’t want to sit around and talk about what’s discouraging women from biking, so we’ve created a program centered on peer-to-peer encouragement, information, and experience through events.
Want to learn more? Visit WABA.org
New additions to the DZR Urban Collection. These vintage styled SPD Compatible Sneaker are fully Vegan, made with textiles and synthetics.
Size Range: 41-47
Pretty cool shoes coming out from DZR. I hope to see smaller range as 41 is roughly a 9 womens!
Pretty bummed that I won’t be able to make this as I’ll be off in the sunshine and warmth of Minneapolis, Minnesota for Frostbike.
Reveal The Path will premiere in Charlotte, NC, at Theatre Charlotte, 510 Queens Road, on Thursday, Feb. 28, at 7 p.m. Tickets are $11 in advance at www.imathlete.com/events/revealthepath ($10 base plus a $1 service fee). Tickets the day of the event will be $15 at the door. This event is a benefit for the Charlotte Area Bicycle Alliance (CABA).
Share the event with your friends on Facebook.
To help launch Chrome’s new Niko Camera Pack they have put together a killer photo contest, Streets of Chrome. Grab your camera and get snapping!
All City Cycles, one of the awesome brands I represent, and a group of cool kids, have released some new clothes for us bike geeks out there. See the full line up on the All City website.