What’s green, electric and can haul? The Yuba Spicy Curry of course. The long tail company, Yuba Bikes, have partnered with a well known eBike company called Currie Technologies to build a car replacing cargo bike, the Spicy Curry. This bike will be officially launched at Sea Otter but Yuba sent out some spec info out earlier today. The only thing missing on this bike, in my opinion, is a generator front hub and lights.
- 20 inch rear wheel for better balance.
- Plug-in cargo system with optional Truck Bed Add-On that creates a four-foot-square cargo area.
- Integrated adapter to easily install or remove Yepp child seats. -Two seats fit on the rear rack.
- Secure your bike in seconds with a lock that inserts through the rear wheel and stows easily on the frame when riding.
- Hydraulic disc brakes for stopping power.
- Big Apple Schwalbe tires for grip, fenders and LED lights for all-weather riding.
- Chromoly fork, sturdy 1.5 inch steerer tube for dissipating the forces of acceleration and deceleration.
- Low battery placement for better balance.
- Lifetime frame warranty, two year warranty on electric components.
- Optional Add-Ons include the Roots hand lever activated double kickstand.