15 Sep Sunday Linkage: High Heels, Bike Shifting and Interbike
- While I’m still reliving my last place cross race, there was a lot of other worthwhile reads to hit the internet this week.
- Bicycling gives you the basics of shifting. 6 basic tips on what gears are and how to use them a bit better.
- Do you bike in high heels? Lovely Bicycle goes over proper seat height when wearing high heels.
- CrossVegas, a real cyclocross race in the desert, is this coming Wednesday at InterBike. I’ll be there, how about you?
- Is road or mountain biking safer? VeloMom weighs both sides.
- Out here in Colorado we had some flooding. Endless Velo Love in Boulder took by bike instead of trying to drive their car through impassable streets.
- Cheri Felix shares 5 great mountain bike tips for girls (and everyone else.)
- The E-Commerce Challenge will be never ending for the independent bike dealer. While some have found their groove using the internet to promote and grow, others are facing large setbacks. The National Bicycle Dealers Association has published a 77-page white paper, Commoditization and e-Commerce: How Specialty Cycling Can Beat this Techno-Economic Cycle, to discuss just this. Fred Clements with Bicycle Retailer gives his two cents. I am still digesting and going to wait until post-Interbike to weigh in.
ICEdot Crash Sensor Teardown
Citi Bike, bike share bikes, turned into a BMX machine
A weekly roundup of popular articles here on BSG, or that I found of interest. If you find something worth sharing, let me know on twitter or email.