Bike Commuting in Denver: Part II
An on going series of riding and commuting in my new city of Denver Colorado. See more about my Denver Cycling experienced here.
Over the past couple weeks I have been reminded about some key things for commuting and riding in a major city like Denver, CO.
- Maps aren’t always perfect, but it adds to the adventure.
- Cable locks are useless and shouldn’t be sold to keep your bike safe
- Thorn resistant tires are required in the west. I’ve seen tires with 10-30 “goat heads” after riding through a city park, on the greenway.
- Finding new routes on greenways, make shift single track through parks, sharrowed bike lanes and back alleys are never ending. Thank you BikeDenver and everyone else involved.
- No matter how “bike friendly” a city is, there are still jacks in cars, on bikes and walking the streets. Put yourself and your safety first.