Shoe covers are a funny thing. For me, it is the make or break temperature. If I have to put shoe covers on it normally means that most of my friends won’t ride with me because it is too cold. Recently I realized my hobbled together shoe covers that I have been putting more and more duct tape on every year have had it. They are neoprene ones that I had bought probably 8 years ago now. They’ve worked wonderfully and the duct tape I believe added more windproofing to them!
After hunting around, looking at price, material and of course colors I decided on some Pearl Izumi P.R.O. Barrier WxB Shoe Covers. Why? #1 price at $50 MSRP. #2 wind AND water protection #3 bright ass yellow.
Details from Pearl Izumi
- MSRP $50.00
- P.R.O. Barrier WxB fabric provides optimal wind and water protection
- Fleece lined
- Waterproof, fully taped internal seams
- Two stage hook and loop closure provides both sleek fit and easy on and off
- Kevlar® road bottom spreads open for easy on and off while providing superior durability
- Recommended for road shoes with external cleats
- Reflective elements for low-light visibility