17 Jul Preview: 2012 Specialized Jett Women’s Mountain Bike Line
When the Specialized carbon fiber 29er, the Fate, was released there was talk about the Jett. An aluminum version of the sporty carbon hardtail. Now there is details to share!
Highend Aluminum Women’s Racing in 26″ or 29″
The new Specialized Jett comes in two models, Comp or Comp 29″. Exact same “mid-level” build on both, only difference is wheel and tire size. I really wish that the build was a step up on parts. 9-speed with Alivio cranks (SLX rear derailleur and hydraulic brakes..) doesn’t seem to fit the need of an aggressive rider. Full SLX or XT would have been a better fit for in my mind.
Details to Note
- 80mm of travel on both models
- Frame size specific spec. This means a smaller frame will have shorter cranks, smaller brake rotors and narrower handlebars.
- M4 aluminum, 2nd from the top level of aluminum that Specialized has to offer
- Lock out and adjustable rebound on a coil sprung fork
- Super low stand over (still waiting on geometry to confirm) and short front end to fix the 29er downfalls.