Announcing a BSG Team

For 2011 we are excited to get rolling a team of all teams, one to empower, encourage and motivate to move everyone towards bicycles!

We will be USAC licensed but more than anything we will be here for each other.   As I renew my USAC Coaching license and take more classes, I’m going to empower you this season.  You don’t have to be a racer, but racing is nice, the goal is anyone that reads this becomes interested in giving a hand to empower and motivate everyone on bicycles!

If there is enough interest we’ll speed up the process of ordering jerseys and shorts (kits.)  Even though the goal of the team is to empower women, I know that juniors and guys need that happy places as well.  Are you interested? Sound off below!

Image Credit: The Junk

• Karen says:

Definitelty interested. I’m really not a racer, have done a few small ones but am president of my local SORBA chapter, Pisgah Area SORBA and also a big commuter so definitely all about empowering others on bikes! Would love to know more!

• susannah says:

Is this just for your area?

• Bike Shop Girl says:

It is for all areas! We are based out of the US, so we are getting a US club racing license but everyone and anyone is welcome as long as they will contribute and motivate! More details will be coming in the next few days!

• Brianne says:

I would love to help empower women and everyone around me to love bikes as much as I do. I race mtb’s and cross and have been searching for a team to race for! Thanks for creating this. Let me now what I can do to help in the Four Corners of Colorado.

• Maria Long says:

I would be interested. Although I am not a “fast” racer I do participate in a handful of endurance races throughout the year. I am in the Tampa, Florida area and would love to be a part of the team and help to spread the message.

• George B says:

I’m happy to be ‘in,’ as a (slow) racer, commuter, cycling advocate, and whatever else!

• Sue says:

Very nifty! Interests me a lot.

• Barb C says:

I would be interested. I’ve only did a handful of races, but love to ride fast. I would love to spread the word.

• TC says:

Mark me as interested too!

• Jen says:

Also interested! I started riding last year after cancer treatments. I always wanted to mtn bike but never had a riding partner. I decided to just start on my own and have met tons of people and participated in a 6 hour, 50 miler and a few SERC races. I wish everyone could experience how wonderful other racers are during these events. I was intimidated at first but everyone is encouraging while still being competitive. During my year of riding and training for these few races I lost 20 pounds and I am in the best shape of my life. After cancer treatments I was so fatigued. Biking gave me my strength back. This sounds corny but I really do wish everyone could experience the joy of biking. I plan to try the 9 hour series with Gone RIding in 2011.

• Pam says:

I’m interested but you know I’m a beginner!! BIG TIME beginner

• Lisa says:

I’m interested! I am making a return to cycling. Hopefully I’ll manage to be a “youngster” in the masters group

• Lori says:

I’m just getting started racing again and would love to be a part of the team. I’m looking forward to it!

• Emily says:

I think this is an AWESOME idea! Love the kits and the idea of getting more and more women into cycling. I’ve just started my 3rd season racing mountain and would definitely be interested in supporting and promoting your team!