Planning the 2011 Season
It is easy to say that 2010 for me was one of changes, mental rearranging and finding my footing in the end. I have many hopes going into 2011 for life and more specific cycling. Some of my goals are more basic than others but by mid 2011 I hope to have my feet under me going forward quickly!
A Rough Sketch of 2011 Cycling Season
- Riding in the near year with the New Years Day Tarheel Trailblazers MTB ride
- NC Cyclocross Races in January – What better way to dip my toe back in to riding than race it out?
- 6 Hours of Warrior Creek MTB Race – April 2, 2011
- 6 Hours of Grind on the Greenway MTB Race – Sometime in May?
- Rivers Edge MTB Marathon - Sometime in late August?
- Cyclocross in the fall – lots of it. Hoping for the NC and parts of the MSG, Tennessee, series
There are other key notes for the 2011 season
#1 Losing Weight
Putting down the Krispe Kreme donutes, putting down the fork after a serving, drinking less “frappe-latte-caramel-whip” coffee’s. Drinking more water, packing more lunches and potentially tracking calories
#2 Hitting the Gym
Rising at 5am, getting in the car and off to the gym. Atleast 3 days a week, if not more
#3 Riding the Trainer
This will be the hardest, but I plan on riding the trainer during the week atleast 30 minutes to an hour a day
#4 Getting Back on the Road
Finding a couple slower group rides, or dragging out my girlfriend into the cold. I need to get back on the road, I need to for my soul.
Gulp. I need to get back on the horse, and now with a new announcement of being a “sponsored commuter” I’m going to have to get on that horse!!
There are other thoughts and feelings in the back of my mind. Goals that aren’t said. Maybe I’ll race on the road again. Maybe I’ll make that yoga class at lunch during the week. Maybe just maybe, 2011 will be a year of progress and reformation.