Carry Things on Bike in Style

Knog BagHere’s a deep confession, I have a bag addiction.  Come look in my closest and there are at least 4 messenger bags, 4 bicycle specific back packs, hydration bags and then panniers are end less.  Constantly the search is on to find the most stylish, yet functional, bag possible.

Here’s my top picks so far :

Timbuk2 MessengerTimbuk2

The brand is known by most outdoor enthusiasts.  The company has been around for a long time and catered originally towards the messenger bag.  Today Timbuk2 makes dozens of styles that are all available in various colors and fabric types. Even making a tech line for your laptop carrying wifi hunters.

SealLine Urban BackpackSealLine Urban Backpack - Small

When waterproof is your goal, SealLine has been a huge player in dry bags for years and now they bring that knowledge to backpacks or messenger bags.  Personally, my favorite is the small Urban Backpack that is air tight to keep all electronics or clothing fully try.

Basil PannierBasil Panniers

Styling and profiling.  Awesome panniers that attach to your rear rack system.  Born and bread in Europe which means not only are they stylish but they have function.

Knog Franks Dog

Knog Frang Dog

This is my cherished laptop bag used for travel, work and heading to Starbucks where you must look the part.  This keeps my Apple Macbook Pro safe, utilizing a mounting pannier hanger I can snap the bag on my rear rack or strap it to my back with the messenger straps.    There is even a pull out storm cover to wrap around the bag to keep everything dry in downpour.

• Trish says:

So BSG. Since I work for Starbucks what kind of bux gear will you trade for a “Frankie”?

• Leisa Grant says:

Your bag addiction is understandable…at least you don’t have a dozen useless Gucci handbags ; )

• Surlyrider says:

I have two custom reload bags and have sold two other courier bags. I also have two sets of panniers and a backpack that I throw on my front rack. I am a sucker for a good bag as well.

• Pearl says:

I have the exact Basil panniers you posted on my bike. Caution: they do not look exactly like that (more teal/less blue and not as patenty shiny). They are waterproof (according to their ad) and have reflectors and Velcro straps. I feel my bike is pretty stylin’ given these. I also have a front wire basket, since I have to tote things to and fro from My U every day I teach (including laptop, textbooks, girlstuff, and gym clothes). I also own two messenger bags and a laptop backback, but an uncertain how they’ll fit into general usage.

• MiniLHT says:

Timbuk2’s are very nice: their Arnold is great if you go with clipless pedals, since it’s more like a gym duffel it has two pockets to carry one shoe each! I use this bag everywhere!

• i woul prever wire basket over plastic baskets coz they are more sturdy*’`

• well, wire baskets can outlast those platic baskets ‘:-

• Mutual says:

Cheers for taking your time to discuss this, I feel greatly about it and love to study more on this topic. If possible, as you gain experience, would you update your site with more precise? It is vastly helpful for me.